Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dip Dip is offline

Default Autofilter Slowness

Hi,

I have a file of 2 MB that has 4,000 rows and 35 columns of mostly text data
(even numbers have been formatted as 'text'. There are 5 sheets, but 95% of
the data are in a single sheet.

When I use autofilter to sort and find data, the whole sheet is 'hung' for
around 15 seconds. Even for calculating the sum, it is the same. I tried
copying this file from the server to my computer, but the results are the
same.

If you have any suggestions, please feel free to advise.
Thanks,
Dip

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dip Dip is offline