Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default file cannot be opened directly

strange:
1. when open excel by click the file: prog open, not file. then right click
shows up a small window: New... /Open... /Save space.../calculate...... no
selection is needed but left click, it open.
2. if program is open, click the file to open has no problem.
3 if open the file from the "Open file", no problem either.
any suggestion?
thanks
sand