Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Formating problems

I am using Windows XP Home. I have used excel for over 20 years. I am not an
expert, but I am pretty proficient with it for what I need. Never have had
problems until today.
I am trying to place classmate reunion information in a spread sheet (
please don't ask why). I placed the first name in col A line 1, last name in
column B line 1 and address / phone numbes in column C, line 1. I am then
placing the personal information in the cell C2. I highlight C1 and C2, go to
format, and then select that the text should be to the left and at the top,
and that the text should wrap. The problem is sometimes it wraps, sometimes
it doesnt; sometimes it wraps but only shows the first 14 lines of the text.
If I click once on the cell all of the text shows in a window at the top of
Excel, but not all of it shows in the cell c2; If I double click the cell,
all of the text shows; if I then move the cursor to another cell, the text
below line 14 disappears. Too esoteric? A friend suggested that maybe the
excel file is corrupt, and that I should cut and paste the info from it, into
an new excel spreadsheet.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The problem you are most likely encountering is you have set a row height.
Once a row height is set by typing in a number, it will not adjust.

Go to menu Format|Row|Autofit

Hope this helps.
--
John C

"fkosmakos" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I wish that was it, but it wasn't. I tried and it did not do anything. I
tried on one row, I selected all rows. The typed material does not appear in
the cell even though there is space created by me dragging the cell to a
bigger size. I just have white space and the last sentence ending in
mid-sentece