Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Text to Columns - Excel 97

We have a number of staff still using Excel 97. When they download a file
from a website, the data for some users appears in one column and they are
required to use the text to column function to separate the data. However,
for other users it will automatically separate the data into columns on
download.

Can someone please explain if there is a setting that will allow for data to
be automatically separated in columns on download. I can't seem to work out
why only some users are affected. Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Excel (at least more recent versions) tends to have a memory of the text to
columns options. Go into Data/ Text to Columns/ Delimiter, and set the
delimiter to what would be appropriate for your file.
Then try to open your file.
--
David Biddulph