Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Help with a Date formula please?

I know that if I place the following formula: =IF(A1="","",EDATE(A1,1)) in
cell B1 I will be able to obtain a date 1 month beyond the date I input in A1
(e.g. if A1= Sept 1, 2007, than the formula will result in the date Oct 1,
2008).

What I'd like to know is how I can alter the formula to make the date
outcome in B1 generate different than month out intervals (e.g. A1,2 would
provide me with a two month out date, etc). An example of what I'd like to be
able to generate is a date six weeks out, 3 weeks out, or at various other
intervals. There are times when I'd even like to place to date to generate as
"days out". Unfortunately I only seem to be able to create posting dates in
one month intervals. Any help would be appreciated.

Dan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Dan the Man wrote:
I know that if I place the following formula: =IF(A1="","",EDATE(A1,1)) in
cell B1 I will be able to obtain a date 1 month beyond the date I input in A1
(e.g. if A1= Sept 1, 2007, than the formula will result in the date Oct 1,
2008).

What I'd like to know is how I can alter the formula to make the date
outcome in B1 generate different than month out intervals (e.g. A1,2 would
provide me with a two month out date, etc). An example of what I'd like to be
able to generate is a date six weeks out, 3 weeks out, or at various other
intervals. There are times when I'd even like to place to date to generate as
"days out". Unfortunately I only seem to be able to create posting dates in
one month intervals. Any help would be appreciated.

Dan

Hi Dan,

Why not just add intervals of 7 to A1?

= Today() + (6*7) yields 29-Sep-2008, which is correct on my calendar.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi
try a different formula.
with a date in g5...
=DATE(YEAR(G5),MONTH(G5),DAY(G5)+14)
this will add 14 days(2 weeks) to the date in g5.
alter cell reference and days out as needed.

Regards
FSt1