Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Office Button Missing - Cannot Save

When using SAP 7.10, users have the option to export certain reports to
Excel. SAP opens the document within it's own window, or within a frame. Not
a new Excel window. When this happens, everything displays correctly, but
there is no Office button, nor file menu of any sort, and the save, icon
which usually appears next to the office button is there, but does nothing.
Therefor, the users cannot save the excel document.

They are using Vista Business, Office 2007, and SAP 7.10.

When they were using office 2003 on XP, this was not a problem.

Why is the Office button not showing up, and why does the save icon do
nothing? (I assume the save icon is saving to a temp folder...where what we
really need is a Save As...)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

I've exact the same problem. Could you describe how you managed to add "Save
As" to the shortcut bar?

regards,
Krzysztof

"Troy" wrote:

When using SAP 7.10, users have the option to export certain reports to
Excel. SAP opens the document within it's own window, or within a frame. Not
a new Excel window. When this happens, everything displays correctly, but
there is no Office button, nor file menu of any sort, and the save, icon
which usually appears next to the office button is there, but does nothing.
Therefor, the users cannot save the excel document.

They are using Vista Business, Office 2007, and SAP 7.10.

When they were using office 2003 on XP, this was not a problem.

Why is the Office button not showing up, and why does the save icon do
nothing? (I assume the save icon is saving to a temp folder...where what we
really need is a Save As...)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I have also the same problem, also with SAPGUI 7.10 actual patch, to Excel
2007 inplace... :(

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Until the "SAPGUI" issue is resolved, use Alt-F to get the menu.

ithola wrote:

I have also the same problem, also with SAPGUI 7.10 actual patch, to Excel
2007 inplace... :(

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks for answer, but sorry this is not working, too. No menu is opening..

ithola wrote:

I have also the same problem, also with SAPGUI 7.10 actual patch, to Excel
2007 inplace... :(

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi, the SAP people said they can't find anything. I have tried to remove the
security update KB951546, that solved the problem. But I would like a
solution with the security update in place. Have anyone got a fix from SAP?

"Bob I" wrote:

Check with SAP.

ithola wrote:

I have also the same problem, also with SAPGUI 7.10 actual patch, to Excel
2007 inplace... :(

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Apparently SAP is doing/using some vulnerability that the security
update closes.

Security Update for Microsoft Office Excel 2007 (KB951546)
Brief Description

A security vulnerability exists in Microsoft Office Excel 2007 that
could allow arbitrary code to run when a maliciously modified file is
opened. This update resolves that vulnerability.

Cato wrote:

Hi, the SAP people said they can't find anything. I have tried to remove the
security update KB951546, that solved the problem. But I would like a
solution with the security update in place. Have anyone got a fix from SAP?

"Bob I" wrote:

Check with SAP.

ithola wrote:

I have also the same problem, also with SAPGUI 7.10 actual patch, to Excel
2007 inplace... :(

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I can confirm that it is indeed KB951546 that breaks SAP's Excel integration
and causes no office button to appear. We will be making an OSS to SAP to
inform them of this. The workaround is all fine and good, but not a permanent
solution.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

I have got this patch from Microsoft, it seems to solve the problem.

Package:
KB Article Number(s): 957770, 958133
Language: All (Global)
Platform: i386