Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Compati Checker - erroneous links warning

I copied a sheet from one workbook to a new one where it is the only sheet.
Every time I try to save the new workbook (in XL11 format) I get the Compati
Checker warning me about links to unopened workbooks - even citing 6
occurences. Problem is that:
- Edit Links is grayed out (suggesting there are none)
- Connections shows no Connections
- manually looked at every cell in the sheet and found no links
- Search using Find for "=" found no occurrences in entire workbook

How do I 'fix' links that don't exist ?

Since I am still getting used to developing in XL12, I don't want to turn
off or ignore Compati Checker, but if it's giving me bad info that's a
problem and I am losing confidence in everything it tells me.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Most likely you have a named range referencing an external workbook but get a
copy of the findlinks addin from this site. It finds all links...

http://www.oaltd.co.uk/MVP/
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"DonJ_Austin" wrote:

I copied a sheet from one workbook to a new one where it is the only sheet.
Every time I try to save the new workbook (in XL11 format) I get the Compati
Checker warning me about links to unopened workbooks - even citing 6
occurences. Problem is that:
- Edit Links is grayed out (suggesting there are none)
- Connections shows no Connections
- manually looked at every cell in the sheet and found no links
- Search using Find for "=" found no occurrences in entire workbook

How do I 'fix' links that don't exist ?

Since I am still getting used to developing in XL12, I don't want to turn
off or ignore Compati Checker, but if it's giving me bad info that's a
problem and I am losing confidence in everything it tells me.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks.

I should have mentioned explicitly that I am experiencing this in XL12
(Excel 2007) Compatibility Checker. Will FindLink work in XL12 ?

Cheers. dj

"DonJ_Austin" wrote:

I copied a sheet from one workbook to a new one where it is the only sheet.
Every time I try to save the new workbook (in XL11 format) I get the Compati
Checker warning me about links to unopened workbooks - even citing 6
occurences. Problem is that:
- Edit Links is grayed out (suggesting there are none)
- Connections shows no Connections
- manually looked at every cell in the sheet and found no links
- Search using Find for "=" found no occurrences in entire workbook

How do I 'fix' links that don't exist ?

Since I am still getting used to developing in XL12, I don't want to turn
off or ignore Compati Checker, but if it's giving me bad info that's a
problem and I am losing confidence in everything it tells me.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Not too sure if it works in XL12. That being said as I mentioned it most
likely has to do with a named range so check your named ranges...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson