Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
DonJ_Austin DonJ_Austin is offline

Default Compati Checker - erroneous links warning

I copied a sheet from one workbook to a new one where it is the only sheet.
Every time I try to save the new workbook (in XL11 format) I get the Compati
Checker warning me about links to unopened workbooks - even citing 6
occurences. Problem is that:
- Edit Links is grayed out (suggesting there are none)
- Connections shows no Connections
- manually looked at every cell in the sheet and found no links
- Search using Find for "=" found no occurrences in entire workbook

How do I 'fix' links that don't exist ?

Since I am still getting used to developing in XL12, I don't want to turn
off or ignore Compati Checker, but if it's giving me bad info that's a
problem and I am losing confidence in everything it tells me.