Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bk bk is offline

Default Moving Columns Excel 2007

You can no longer move rows/columns in 2007 like you could in 2003. Help
tells you to grab the move pointer and drag it to a new location. However,
rather than move the new column between a couple other columns it wants to
replace the contents of one of the existing columns. This task used to be
easy. Is there some other way to do this (vs. inserting a blank column and
copying and pasting. GRRR).

Is there a fix on the way for this?

thanks,
BK
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I don't use the mouse often to move/insert ranges but, based on how I do, it
seems the same. When I grab a range it defaults to overwrite the
destination but if I hold Shift down it switches to an Insert.

--
Jim
"BK" wrote in message
| You can no longer move rows/columns in 2007 like you could in 2003. Help
| tells you to grab the move pointer and drag it to a new location. However,
| rather than move the new column between a couple other columns it wants to
| replace the contents of one of the existing columns. This task used to be
| easy. Is there some other way to do this (vs. inserting a blank column and
| copying and pasting. GRRR).
|
| Is there a fix on the way for this?
|
| thanks,
| BK

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

SHIFT and drag will insert the dragged column.

CTRL and drag will overwrite without asking.

Alt and drag or straight drag will ask if you want to overwrite.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP