Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default "moving average" Excel 2003 vs Excel 2007

If I run a moving average on data specifying chart output in Excel 2003, the
chart I get is a pair of lines giving "actual" and "forcast" data. If I run
the same function in Excel 2007, I get a column chart showing only forcast
data. I can't figure out how to get the 2003 chart. Can anyone help me?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

LvB38 -

In Excel 2007 SP1 when you use Data | Data Analysis | Moving Average, Excel
does produce only a column chart of the moving average (forecast) values.

To fix it in Excel 2007, with the chart active, choose Chart Tools | Design
| Change Chart Type | Line | OK.

Select the actual data, right-click and choose Copy, select the chart,
right-click and choose Paste.

- Mike Middleton
http://www.DecisionToolworks.com
Decision Analysis Add-ins for Excel