Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default If,And Question

Hi, I have 2 conditions in an IF formula and I am not familiar with the and
function but I would like to know how to link the 2 formula conditions in one
big formula.
The formulas I have are..
=IF(left(f2,3)=right(f2,3) this is my first formula
second one is =IF(len(f2)=11

I have a line of data and I want to say if the first 3 characters match the
last 3 characters and the length is 11 char. long say yes, otherwise say no,
I don't know how to do this all in one formula, would appreciate your help?

Many thanks

Paula

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=IF(AND(left(f2,3)=right(f2,3),len(f2)=11),"yes"," no")
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

=IF(AND(LEFT(F2,3)=RIGHT(F2,3),LEN(F2)=11),"yes"," no")
--
Max
Singapore
"Paula" wrote:
Hi, I have 2 conditions in an IF formula and I am not familiar with the and
function but I would like to know how to link the 2 formula conditions in one
big formula.
The formulas I have are..
=IF(left(f2,3)=right(f2,3) this is my first formula
second one is =IF(len(f2)=11

I have a line of data and I want to say if the first 3 characters match the
last 3 characters and the length is 11 char. long say yes, otherwise say no,
I don't know how to do this all in one formula, would appreciate your help?

Many thanks

Paula

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

any time, Paula