Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default excel sharing violation

I recently started getting a "sharing violation" error when trying to save
xlsm (macro-enabled) Excel spreadsheets. The spreadsheet is not shared and
resides on my local drive. Now I can't save my spreadsheet anymore. I
Googled this issue and found that others have had the same problem. But I
didn't find a solution. Does anyone know how to resolve this?

I am on Office 2007 and Windows Vista and I have the latest Service Packs
installed for both.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I found the problem. It was my realtime virus scanner. I stopped the
realtime virus scan and that resolved my problems. As long as my realtime
virus scan is not running then I am able to save my xlsm files without any
problems.

"MikeKC" wrote:

I recently started getting a "sharing violation" error when trying to save
xlsm (macro-enabled) Excel spreadsheets. The spreadsheet is not shared and
resides on my local drive. Now I can't save my spreadsheet anymore. I
Googled this issue and found that others have had the same problem. But I
didn't find a solution. Does anyone know how to resolve this?

I am on Office 2007 and Windows Vista and I have the latest Service Packs
installed for both.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I found the problem. It was my realtime virus scan. As long as my realtive
virus scan is not running then I am able to save xlsm files without any bogus
"sharing violation" errors.

"MikeKC" wrote:

I recently started getting a "sharing violation" error when trying to save
xlsm (macro-enabled) Excel spreadsheets. The spreadsheet is not shared and
resides on my local drive. Now I can't save my spreadsheet anymore. I
Googled this issue and found that others have had the same problem. But I
didn't find a solution. Does anyone know how to resolve this?

I am on Office 2007 and Windows Vista and I have the latest Service Packs
installed for both.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Check to see if you are running Windows Defender in addition to your
virus/spyware checker. Just last week (end of March 2009) I discovered that
Windows Defender was running in addition to Trend Micro Internet Security- I
turned off Windows Defender and have found my computer runs much better,
without the problem I posted here. If you have a good anti-spyware program
you should NOT run Defender- they conflict. Good luck!
--
Elliot