Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
MikeKC MikeKC is offline

Default excel sharing violation

I found the problem. It was my realtime virus scan. As long as my realtive
virus scan is not running then I am able to save xlsm files without any bogus
"sharing violation" errors.

"MikeKC" wrote:

I recently started getting a "sharing violation" error when trying to save
xlsm (macro-enabled) Excel spreadsheets. The spreadsheet is not shared and
resides on my local drive. Now I can't save my spreadsheet anymore. I
Googled this issue and found that others have had the same problem. But I
didn't find a solution. Does anyone know how to resolve this?

I am on Office 2007 and Windows Vista and I have the latest Service Packs
installed for both.