Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RaY RaY is offline

Default Possible to change list text to 2 colors?

I have a list that I want to show two different colors of text in one cell.
I validated the list with the color changes.
example: 1200 1
1330 1
I have the "1" as white, so ideally it would blend in with the background
and you would only see the 1200 or 1330. However it's defaulting "1" back to
black text.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi
yes it is possible. but it's very specific. works on text or number
formated as text only. no real numbers or formulas.
is all your data the same format as the example you posted?
what column is the data in?
how long is your list?

post back with more info.
regards
FSt1
"RaY" wrote:

I have a list that I want to show two different colors of text in one cell.
I validated the list with the color changes.
example: 1200 1
1330 1
I have the "1" as white, so ideally it would blend in with the background
and you would only see the 1200 or 1330. However it's defaulting "1" back to
black text.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RaY RaY is offline

Well, the list is located in G23:G29. This is what in list. 1200 1, 1200 D 1,
1330 1, 1330 D 1, 1430 1 and 1530 1. If its not possible with these times
maybe make a list within a list to make it work? I'm not sure what my limits
are.

-Ray

"RaY" wrote:

I have a list that I want to show two different colors of text in one cell.
I validated the list with the color changes.
example: 1200 1
1330 1
I have the "1" as white, so ideally it would blend in with the background
and you would only see the 1200 or 1330. However it's defaulting "1" back to
black text.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi
sorry it took so long to get back. got past my bed time.
you have a short list.
manually...
click into the formula bar and highlight the text you wish to format. right
click the formula bar. note that you can only format text. format the text to
your liking. clcik ok. press enter. next cell.
code.....
i was anticipating a longer list so i wrote a small macro.
Sub RaY()
Dim r As Range
Set r = Range("G23", Range("G23").End(xlDown))
'change above cell reference if needed
For Each cell In r
With cell.Characters(Start:=6, Length:=1).Font
.ColorIndex = 2
End With
Next cell
End Sub