Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default R1C1 settings auto changing

Excel Spreadsheet headers/columns A,B,C... are changing after a formula is
performed to numbers 1,2,3... This only happens on one spreadsheet not
others. How do I stop it from automatically changing?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

It happens if you open a workbook that has the R1C1 settings and I don't
believe you can stop it except by forcing the change back with a macro. in
the workbook open event module

Application.ReferenceStyle = xlA1

Mike
"essential" wrote:

Excel Spreadsheet headers/columns A,B,C... are changing after a formula is
performed to numbers 1,2,3... This only happens on one spreadsheet not
others. How do I stop it from automatically changing?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

I don't know what did you do?

You should have done this:-

Alt+F11 to open VB editor. Double click 'This workbook' and paste this in on
the right

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Application.ReferenceStyle = xlA1
End Sub

Mike

"essential" wrote:

Excel Spreadsheet headers/columns A,B,C... are changing after a formula is
performed to numbers 1,2,3... This only happens on one spreadsheet not
others. How do I stop it from automatically changing?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

This Macro hasn't solved the issue unfortunately.

Letters are still changing automatically.

Any other suggestions perhaps?