Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Command Button

This excel is driving me nuts - seems to not have ALL its functions
I have added a Command Button that i want to cause "save as...." when pressed.
However i cant assing ANY command to it.
it remains un-pressable - kinda like just a picture of button..

all "help" info fais to tell me what to do...
Please help

Regards
Malcolm
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I am assuming you are in design mode. My question is, is your sheet
protected? If your sheet is protected, and the button you created is
'locked', then even in design mode you will not be able to do anything.

--
John C

"EngelseBoer" wrote:

This excel is driving me nuts - seems to not have ALL its functions
I have added a Command Button that i want to cause "save as...." when pressed.
However i cant assing ANY command to it.
it remains un-pressable - kinda like just a picture of button..

all "help" info fais to tell me what to do...
Please help

Regards
Malcolm

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

click VIEW in the menu, select TOOL BARS and the click the CONTROL TOOLBOX to
display the tool bar.

The first button on the toolbar has a triangle/pencil/ruler and this is the
toggle that turns DESIGN MODE on/off.

Click to turn this off and see if things work as planned. If you haven't
added your code, turn design mode back on and right click on the command
button and select VIEW CODE to open the workhsheet VB module.
--
Kevin Backmann

"EngelseBoer" wrote:

This excel is driving me nuts - seems to not have ALL its functions
I have added a Command Button that i want to cause "save as...." when pressed.
However i cant assing ANY command to it.
it remains un-pressable - kinda like just a picture of button..

all "help" info fais to tell me what to do...
Please help

Regards
Malcolm

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks Kevin-I am soo dumb with these things (but i am trying)
Now.... How can i assign a amcro to select a particular Cell (which contains
a name) - when this button is pressed - so that it will save a copy of that
page under a different name - so that the original remains un-affected.
I need this for a web - input page
naturally i don't want the input page altered, but i want the input stored.

I have created this page using an excel web form.

Regards

"EngelseBoer" wrote:

This excel is driving me nuts - seems to not have ALL its functions
I have added a Command Button that i want to cause "save as...." when pressed.
However i cant assing ANY command to it.
it remains un-pressable - kinda like just a picture of button..

all "help" info fais to tell me what to do...
Please help

Regards
Malcolm

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

yes,
without altering the original
required for a web-based-input form
there must be no opertunity to over-write the original, but automatically
save as the inputted name on the sheet (are save them as consecutive
numbers-never over-writing other forms)

"EngelseBoer" wrote:

This excel is driving me nuts - seems to not have ALL its functions
I have added a Command Button that i want to cause "save as...." when pressed.
However i cant assing ANY command to it.
it remains un-pressable - kinda like just a picture of button..

all "help" info fais to tell me what to do...
Please help

Regards
Malcolm

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

someone has assited me with this under a new Rqeury (16 above this one tiled
"save as" macro..

however i still need to assign that macro to the "save" (command button) i
created

COMMAND BUTTON BOB New Users to Excel 1 April 11th 08 06:59 PM
Command Button Freshman Excel Worksheet Functions 6 June 1st 07 07:15 AM
command button big show Excel Worksheet Functions 1 January 29th 07 02:38 PM
Command Button Steved Excel Worksheet Functions 2 February 19th 06 11:01 PM
command button abfabrob Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 5 October 7th 05 12:54 AM