abfabrob

Default command button

I want to use a command button to click on it to take mr to a template I have
created. I have read some old questions and replies, so I can get the button
on the page, but I have absolutely no idea how to create or "asign" a macro...

Can anyone help?

Rob,
Teesside,
UK
Bryan Hessey

To insert a button, select View, Toolbars, Control Toolbox,
on the Toolbox select the first icon ('Design Mode') which now becomes
'Exit Design Mode'

Select the button icon and draw a button on the sheet, rightmouse the
button and View Code.

Enter your required code (copy from a macro etc)

Exit Design mode when finished.

To create a macro, select Tools, Macro, Record New Macro, and select a
name, do the actions you want the macro to record, then end the
recording.

Tools, Macro, Macros, select your macro and 'Edit' should give you
enough to work on.

--
Bryan Hessey
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=473718

Bill Martin

abfabrob wrote:
I want to use a command button to click on it to take mr to a template I have
created. I have read some old questions and replies, so I can get the button
on the page, but I have absolutely no idea how to create or "asign" a macro...

Can anyone help?

Regards,

-----------------------

Once you've created the button on the page, right click on it and select "Assign
Macro". That will bring up a list of macros, you select one and click "ok" and
all should be well.

Bill

Bill Martin

abfabrob wrote:
I can't see a list of macros. But I don't know what one is...

Perhaps Bryan can help you. If you don't know what a macro is, then I can't
much help you assign one to a button which is what I thought you asked for.

Bill

Bryan Hessey

. . hopefully 'what one is...' was meant to be 'which one is...'

In Tools, Macro, Macros, you can Run each macro to see which one
performs the required tasks.

After testing I suggest you close the Workbook without saving, and
re-open it to assign the macro.