Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default calculate subtotal

Wondering if someone can help me with a formula. I would like to calculate
the subtotal for a given month, where the month is in 8/12/2008 format.

After calculating the subtotal, would like the total to be placed into a
specific column that I specify. Also would like the totals to be updated if
new info is inputed.

Can someone help me out where to start and what I need to do?

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Assuming your dates are in column A and the figures you want to add are in
column B.

Put this formula in the cell you want the sum in.

=SUMPRODUCT((MONTH(A2:A100)=8)*(B5:B100))

"=8" represents August. change that for different months.

Hope that helps

"yepiknowiam" wrote in message
Wondering if someone can help me with a formula. I would like to
calculate
the subtotal for a given month, where the month is in 8/12/2008 format.

After calculating the subtotal, would like the total to be placed into a
specific column that I specify. Also would like the totals to be updated
if
new info is inputed.

Can someone help me out where to start and what I need to do?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

For example, the date field is in section D, The numbers are in section G and
need to add the totals and place the value in section K4. What would I need
to do for this example?