Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Is there a way to lock the rows or Colums

Hello!

I need to know if there is a way to lock the properties or the values of
some rows or columns from editing ? Like the freezed panes if any, user
should not be in a position to edit the header row or even change the
properties set for the row or column.

I understand the operations with freezing also analysed by freezing this'
not achieved. Any Suggestions ?
--
Naidu
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

go in Format Cell option, on Protection tab tick Locked cell. Then go in
Tools|Protection| choose protect sheet. Select locked cell option in popup
window. This will restrict user to edit data.

Nikhil

"Naidu" wrote:

Hello!

I need to know if there is a way to lock the properties or the values of
some rows or columns from editing ? Like the freezed panes if any, user
should not be in a position to edit the header row or even change the
properties set for the row or column.

I understand the operations with freezing also analysed by freezing this'
not achieved. Any Suggestions ?
--
Naidu

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Nikhil !

Protect sheet is locking the entire sheet. But if I have to lock only the
selected header row/column then how do I do that ?
--
Naidu

"Naidu" wrote:

Hello!

I need to know if there is a way to lock the properties or the values of
some rows or columns from editing ? Like the freezed panes if any, user
should not be in a position to edit the header row or even change the
properties set for the row or column.

I understand the operations with freezing also analysed by freezing this'
not achieved. Any Suggestions ?
--
Naidu

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Nikhil this way i am not able to protect the selected rows only...it is
protecting the entire sheet !...online help from microsoft says first unlock
the entire sheet and select individual rows which has to protected and lock
the cells once again. Once we lock the individual cells then select the
entire sheet and opt the protection sheet under the tools menu. Here I am
not able to check only the "Select locked cells" the system autochecks the
"Select Unlocked Cells" as wel. I uncheck this option system unchecks the
locked cells as wel.
What should do now?
--
Naidu