Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Naidu Naidu is offline

Default Is there a way to lock the rows or Colums

Hi Nikhil !

Protect sheet is locking the entire sheet. But if I have to lock only the
selected header row/column then how do I do that ?
--
Naidu

"Nikhil" wrote:

go in Format Cell option, on Protection tab tick Locked cell. Then go in
Tools|Protection| choose protect sheet. Select locked cell option in popup
window. This will restrict user to edit data.

Nikhil

"Naidu" wrote:

Hello!

I need to know if there is a way to lock the properties or the values of
some rows or columns from editing ? Like the freezed panes if any, user
should not be in a position to edit the header row or even change the
properties set for the row or column.

I understand the operations with freezing also analysed by freezing this'
not achieved. Any Suggestions ?
--
Naidu