Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Security

I would like to take away the ability of a viewer to unhide any columns that
are hidden. How do I do that? Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Protect the worksheet.

In Excel 2003, Tools Protection Protect Sheet

--JP

On Aug 11, 1:37*pm, Liz J wrote:
I would like to take away the ability of a viewer to unhide any columns that
are hidden. *How do I do that? *Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

JP,

Thanks, but I would like to know specificially if there is a way to disable
the viewer's ability to make any changes

On Aug 11, 1:37 pm, Liz J wrote:
I would like to take away the ability of a viewer to unhide any columns that
are hidden. How do I do that? Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sorry, sent the last message without explaining more.
So, I've protected the sheet... but is there a way to have the spreadsheet
no allow the review to do the simpliest of things, such as, hiding columns?
I placed the spreadsheet into read-only mode, but, Excel is still letting me
manipulate the data... Thanks for your help!

On Aug 11, 1:37 pm, Liz J wrote:
I would like to take away the ability of a viewer to unhide any columns that
are hidden. How do I do that? Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In Excel 2003, when you protect the worksheet, there are options you
can set such as not allowing users to select unlocked cells, use
autofilter, etc. Are you using Excel 2003?

--JP

On Aug 11, 1:37 pm, Liz J wrote:
I would like to take away the ability of a viewer to unhide any columns that
are hidden. *How do I do that? *Thanks!- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Though there are password cracks out there. If there is ANY data that you
want hidden, hide the appropropriate rows/columns. In addition, if there are
cells that you want the reviewer to see, but you don't want the reviewer to
see the calculation, go to menu Format|Cells, Protection tab, and ensure that
the checkbox Hidden is checked for these cells.
If there are cells that you want the reviewer to be able to change data, go
to menu Format|Cells, and ensure the checkbox Locked is unchecked for these
cells. Then, when you protect the sheet, select a password (otherwise the
user will be just able to unprotect the sheet), and save the workbook. When
saving, scroll through the options that you have for the user, for example,
if you want the user to be able to sort the data for easier viewing, etc.
--
John C