Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How to delete items from Excel recent documents list

I wish to delete items from Excel recent documents list
--
Charles
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
M-A M-A is offline

Charles,

I'm using Excel 2003. From the help:
Use Tools/Options/General Tab.
On the left hand side the fourth box down Recently Used Files list.

Uncheck the box, click OK and all your recent files will disappear.

If you go back into Tools/Options etc and re-check the box then you can
start to record your files again but the old ones won't come back.

PS - If you have opened a filename that you really don't want anyone to come
across you may want to go into C:/Documents and Settings/<your ID/My Recent
Documents. I've tested the help solution and it works, but leaves the
shortcut in the recent documents folder, so a little extra work may be
helpful.

"Charles 38" wrote:

I wish to delete items from Excel recent documents list
--
Charles

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Tools/ Options/ General.
Uncheck Recently Used File List,
and then re-enable if you want to restart the list from blank.
--
David Biddulph