Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Paste special with combination of formula and divide

Dear Excel team

When I used paste special in Excel 2007, I found that it can not work well
with the option button of formula and divide. Excel 2003 gave a perfect
outcome.

For example

A1's value is 16,000
A2 is a formular of =$A$1
A3 is any value, for instance of 160,000

Now, I'd like to copy A2 and use paste special with formula and divide
optional button to have the result in excel 2007 as follows:
A3's value is =160,000/$A$1

Of course, excel 2007 can work with formula and divide but it does not meet
my purpose as the content of A3 is 10. It means that excel 2007 automatically
evaluate the formular and then give only the final value of 10 instead of
160,000/$A$1 in excel 2003 and backward.

Nevertheless, I maybe have some mistake or excel 2007 have any inside that I
didn't know. Hence, could you please give me a way for this issue.

I look forward to hear from you soon

Thank you and best regards

John Huynh