Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel Link

I am working on a workbook with around 50 worksheets in it. These worksheets
contain values (amounts of money to be precise) and i wish to create links in
a worksheet at the front to each of these.

The worksheet at the front where I want the links to be has the names of the
other worksheets in different rows. However the data in the linked sheets
have data vertically in columns.

The formula i'm using looks like this =FLOTTA!$D25 where FLOTTA is one of
the sheet names

I can enter the first link fine. Because I have hundreds of them I want to
copy the formula across so that it picks up the data in the following cell
down and so on...

So, I want the 25 to change to 26, 27, 28 and so on.... but it does not
change when I replicate it across the row.

Is there a way to get around this?

..

However, when I try to replicate it, the row number does not change even if
i dont have a '$ sign infront of it.

How can I get the row number to increase sequentially?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

This might work (I tried it on a small scale, if I understand your question
correctly)...
Instead of copying your formula across the columns, first copy it down the
rows until you get all of the rows you needed. Then do a find/replace and
replace $D with $D$. Then copy your range and do a paste special - transpose
where you want the formulas to show up in columns.

I hope I explained that right.
Good luck!

.

However, when I try to replicate it, the row number does not change even if
i dont have a '$ sign infront of it.

How can I get the row number to increase sequentially?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Why would you expect the row number to change if you copy across?
If you copy down they will increase which is logical but if you copy across
the column
will increase unless you use absolute reference.

You would need to add a formula like for instance

=OFFSET(FLOTTA!$D$25,COLUMNS($A:A)-1,)

or

=INDEX(FLOTTA!$D:$D,COLUMNS($A:Y))

the latter is not volatile

Both of these when copied across will lookup the row numbers

Peo Sjoblom

"Neilly" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

That is superb man! The offset one works brilliant!

What would make it even quicker would be that the sheet names changed too
when i copied it down. At the moment I'm copying the formula you gave me and
re-entering the sheet name where 'FLOTTA' was originally. The sheet names are
to the left of the first cell im entering your formula into. These names are
also hyperlinked to the sheets themselves.

Any way to include that?

"Neilly" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Unless there is some logic to the sheet names like an index number e.g.

Sheet1
Sheet2
and so on

If that's the case it can be quite easily fixed but if they have no logical
connection you would need to use a macro (or type them) to extract all sheet
names, maybe put that list somewhere on a hidden sheet and refer to it when
you copy.

So it's doable, it's even rather easy if they have the same name and a
number that changes but a bit cumbersome if they are just different names.

Peo Sjoblom

"Neilly" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Yes it just different names altogether. It would be magic if I could do that!
Would save hours of work!

Thanks for all your help!

Will definitely give you a shout if I need any more help!

Top man!