Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Peo Sjoblom[_2_] Peo Sjoblom[_2_] is offline

Default Excel Link

Why would you expect the row number to change if you copy across?
If you copy down they will increase which is logical but if you copy across
the column
will increase unless you use absolute reference.

You would need to add a formula like for instance

=OFFSET(FLOTTA!$D$25,COLUMNS($A:A)-1,)

or

=INDEX(FLOTTA!$D:$D,COLUMNS($A:Y))

the latter is not volatile

Both of these when copied across will lookup the row numbers

Peo Sjoblom

"Neilly" wrote in message
I am working on a workbook with around 50 worksheets in it. These
worksheets
contain values (amounts of money to be precise) and i wish to create links
in
a worksheet at the front to each of these.

The worksheet at the front where I want the links to be has the names of
the
other worksheets in different rows. However the data in the linked sheets
have data vertically in columns.

The formula i'm using looks like this =FLOTTA!$D25 where FLOTTA is one of
the sheet names

I can enter the first link fine. Because I have hundreds of them I want to
copy the formula across so that it picks up the data in the following cell
down and so on...

So, I want the 25 to change to 26, 27, 28 and so on.... but it does not
change when I replicate it across the row.

Is there a way to get around this?

.

However, when I try to replicate it, the row number does not change even
if
i dont have a '$ sign infront of it.

How can I get the row number to increase sequentially?