Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Emailed Sheets from a workbook

Hi

Can excel be set up to automatically to email out a sheet from a work book??

I have a pivot table model thats updated daily, and i email out all the
sheets manually.
Can excel be set to email out the sheets after the pivot tables have been
updated on its own either by running an instruction or via an automated
instruction.

Thanks
Matt Lynn.

--
Matt Lynn

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Have a look at SendMail Method in VBA Help!

Regards,
Stefi

Mattlynn via OfficeKB.com ezt *rta:

Hi

Can excel be set up to automatically to email out a sheet from a work book??

I have a pivot table model thats updated daily, and i email out all the
sheets manually.
Can excel be set to email out the sheets after the pivot tables have been
updated on its own either by running an instruction or via an automated
instruction.

Thanks
Matt Lynn.

--
Matt Lynn

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Stefi
I assume from your reply, it can be done, but this is all new to me.
I have gone into the VBA Help, but cant find the correct title.
I typed in sendmail etc, and no luck
Can you help further - please

Many Many Thanks
Matt

Stefi wrote:
Have a look at SendMail Method in VBA Help!

Regards,
Stefi

Mattlynn via OfficeKB.com ezt *rta:

Hi

[quoted text clipped - 8 lines]
Thanks
Matt Lynn.

--
Matt Lynn

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Which Excel version do you use? I use Excel2003. Pressing Alt+F11 brings up
VBA window. Use Help menuMicrosoft Visual Basic Help, it brings up a search
dialog, type in Sendmail, you must have four hits.

Stefi wrote:
Have a look at SendMail Method in VBA Help!

Regards,
Stefi

Mattlynn via OfficeKB.com ezt *rta:

Hi

[quoted text clipped - 8 lines]
Thanks
Matt Lynn.

--
Matt Lynn

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Stefi
I use 2003 too, and get 3 hits

Introduction property
MSo Envlope object
Item property

Neither of these seem to help.
On my workbook, I have one source tab, and upto 30 additional tabs, with one
pivot on each tab made from the source tab.
Sheet/tab 2 needs to be sent to person 1
sheet/tab 3 needs to be sent to person 2
etc etc

Thanks for your input Stefi
Matt

Stefi wrote:
Which Excel version do you use? I use Excel2003. Pressing Alt+F11 brings up
VBA window. Use Help menuMicrosoft Visual Basic Help, it brings up a search
dialog, type in Sendmail, you must have four hits.

Stefi

Mattlynn via OfficeKB.com ezt *rta:

Hi Stefi
I assume from your reply, it can be done, but this is all new to me.

[quoted text clipped - 18 lines]
Thanks
Matt Lynn.

--
Matt Lynn

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

That's correct except Sendmail! Try to have a look at the Content
listMicrosoft Excel Visual Basic ReferenceMethodsLetter S.
You should find Sendmail in the alphabetical order!

Stefi wrote:
Which Excel version do you use? I use Excel2003. Pressing Alt+F11 brings up
VBA window. Use Help menuMicrosoft Visual Basic Help, it brings up a search
dialog, type in Sendmail, you must have four hits.

Stefi

Mattlynn via OfficeKB.com ezt *rta:

Hi Stefi
I assume from your reply, it can be done, but this is all new to me.

[quoted text clipped - 18 lines]
Thanks
Matt Lynn.

--
Matt Lynn

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

nope - the list has 8 in it, sendmail is missing it jumps from
savecopyasmethod to setavoidrectanglemethod.
Can you please send me what sendmail says.

Oh deary me - what a nightmare

Many Thanks
Matt

Stefi wrote:
That's correct except Sendmail! Try to have a look at the Content
listMicrosoft Excel Visual Basic ReferenceMethodsLetter S.
You should find Sendmail in the alphabetical order!
Stefi

Mattlynn via OfficeKB.com ezt *rta:

Hi Stefi
I use 2003 too, and get 3 hits

[quoted text clipped - 26 lines]
Thanks
Matt Lynn.

--
Matt Lynn

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It's a good idea, Dave, but why doesn't Mattlynn find SendMail method in VBA
Help?
Stefi

Dave Peterson ezt *rta:

If I want to send emails from excel, I'd start at Ron de Bruin's site.
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Mattlynn via OfficeKB.com" wrote:

Hi

Can excel be set up to automatically to email out a sheet from a work book??

I have a pivot table model thats updated daily, and i email out all the
sheets manually.
Can excel be set to email out the sheets after the pivot tables have been
updated on its own either by running an instruction or via an automated
instruction.

Thanks
Matt Lynn.

--
Matt Lynn

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

No idea.

It shows up when I search for "sendmail" in xl2003 VBA's help.

Maybe typing sendmail into the code window, selecting that word and hitting F1
would take her to the sendmail help.

(That's how I usually search.)

Stefi wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

been there too, and senmt him an email....

Thanks for your help Dave

Dave Peterson wrote:
If I want to send emails from excel, I'd start at Ron de Bruin's site.
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

Hi

[quoted text clipped - 13 lines]

Matt Lynn

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

As I recall, Excel/Office excludes the VBA help file during standard
installation

Stefi wrote:

It's a good idea, Dave, but why doesn't Mattlynn find SendMail method in VBA
Help?
Stefi

âžDave Peterson❠ezt Ã*rta:

If I want to send emails from excel, I'd start at Ron de Bruin's site.
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Mattlynn via OfficeKB.com" wrote:

Hi

Can excel be set up to automatically to email out a sheet from a work book??

I have a pivot table model thats updated daily, and i email out all the
sheets manually.
Can excel be set to email out the sheets after the pivot tables have been
updated on its own either by running an instruction or via an automated
instruction.

Thanks
Matt Lynn.

--
Matt Lynn

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Check out the tenplates
http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/templates.htm

--

Regards Ron de Bruin

Dave Peterson wrote:
If I want to send emails from excel, I'd start at Ron de Bruin's site.
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

Hi

[quoted text clipped - 13 lines]

Matt Lynn

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi all
I found a template - it works absolutely fantastic
Thanks eberyone for your help and input
Matt

Ron de Bruin wrote:
Check out the tenplates
http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/templates.htm

been there too, and senmt him an email....

[quoted text clipped - 8 lines]

Matt Lynn

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Ron
is there a limit to the number of sheet arrays and email addresses you can
add to the macro. I have 47 of each, and the text have all gone red with the
arrays.
Does this mean there are too many??

Thanks
Matt

Ron de Bruin wrote:
Check out the tenplates
http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/templates.htm

been there too, and senmt him an email....

[quoted text clipped - 8 lines]

Matt Lynn

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You have 47 sheets in the array ?
Sheets(Array("Sheet1", "Sheet3")).Copy

Yes this can be a problem

Ho many sheets are in the workbook ?
You can also make a copy of the workbook and delete the few sheets you not want to mail

--

Regards Ron de Bruin