Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default =[Book.xls]Sheet1!A1 and not c:\blah\=[Book.xls]Sheet1!A1

I am linking to external sheets but as soon as I enter
[FileName.xls]SheetName!A1
it resolves it to something like
='Macintosh:Users:MyName:Desktop:[FileName.xls]SheetName'!A1
Which is fair enough - that IS what I am referring to - but I want it to
Stay Relative.

Why? Because I would like to use this file as a template, and plop it in
lots of different folders - and see the data be gathered from other files -
so basically - I don't want Excel to fix the links!

Any suggestions. I am working with Excel 2008 but I assume it is much the
same on PC versions of Excel.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

The hyperlinks should always update to where they reside.
Go ahead and drop the copies into other folders the links
should still work. Or have I got the wrong idea of what
you mean?

HTH
Martin