Tucson Guy

Default Extract Data

Main worksheet has members name in Comumn B.
In column R is table he/she is assigned to at conference.
I need to extract names of all people who are assigned to ,say, table 11
and put them in another column, one after the other, with no blank rows .
Thanks for your help.

Frank Kabel

Hi
how do you identify exactly who is assigned to a conference (post some
example rows)

One way would be to use the Advanced Filter feature (try the addin:
http://www.rondebruin.nl/easyfilter.htm)

--
Regards
Frank Kabel
"Tucson Guy" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Main worksheet has members name in Comumn B.
In column R is table he/she is assigned to at conference.
I need to extract names of all people who are assigned to ,say, table 11
and put them in another column, one after the other, with no blank rows .
Thanks for your help.

Tucson Guy

Thank you forpromt response.
We have a spread sheet that a user enters data on when registering people.
Among other columns, the registrants name is entered into column B, and the
table he is assigned to is entered in column R.
There is another question answer process that determines which table he/she
gets assigned to. Once assigned, I want, on another sheet, a room layout
showing each numbered table. I want the names of all people assigned to ,say
table 11, to appear on the top of the table marked as 11.
On the registration spread sheet,The assignment to table 11 may be on one
row, and then several rows later, another person will be registered and
assigned to table 11. Up to 10 people can be assigned to one table.

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

Hi
how do you identify exactly who is assigned to a conference (post some
example rows)

One way would be to use the Advanced Filter feature (try the addin:
http://www.rondebruin.nl/easyfilter.htm)

--
Regards
Frank Kabel
Frankfurt, Germany
"Tucson Guy" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Main worksheet has members name in Comumn B.
In column R is table he/she is assigned to at conference.
I need to extract names of all people who are assigned to ,say, table 11
and put them in another column, one after the other, with no blank rows .
Thanks for your help.

Frank Kabel

Hi
to be honest I don't think Excel is the right tool for this (esp. if you
want room/table assignments). I'd try searching Goolge for special training
planning software

--

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

Hi
how do you identify exactly who is assigned to a conference (post some
example rows)

One way would be to use the Advanced Filter feature (try the addin:
http://www.rondebruin.nl/easyfilter.htm)

--
Regards
Frank Kabel
Frankfurt, Germany
"Tucson Guy" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Main worksheet has members name in Comumn B.
In column R is table he/she is assigned to at conference.
I need to extract names of all people who are assigned to ,say, table
11
and put them in another column, one after the other, with no blank rows
.
Thanks for your help.

Tucson Guy

Frank. I used a bad example . Lets try this. I have a data sheet
, with say, 100 diffent people entered on it. IN Col A is their name. In
column B is the color of their hair. They can pick from a defined listof
colors. So, all throughout the 100 rows, we have peple with brown hair. . I
want to end up with a list of the names all people with Brown hair. I do not
want any blank rows in the list. Thanks again

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

Hi
how do you identify exactly who is assigned to a conference (post some
example rows)

One way would be to use the Advanced Filter feature (try the addin:
http://www.rondebruin.nl/easyfilter.htm)

--
Regards
Frank Kabel
Frankfurt, Germany
"Tucson Guy" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Main worksheet has members name in Comumn B.
In column R is table he/she is assigned to at conference.
I need to extract names of all people who are assigned to ,say, table
11
and put them in another column, one after the other, with no blank rows
.
Thanks for your help.

Frank Kabel

Hi
for this use 'Data - Filter Advanced Filter' or the addin I recommend in my
first posting)
Though this can also be done with formulas they're getting quite slow for
more than 100 records