Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How can I easily move to the next available cell in a column?

I'm using Excel 2007. After searching for a particular item number and not
finding it, I want to be able to go to the next available cell in a column
without having to scroll through all my entries. Is there some sort of
shortcut to do this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It sounds like you have the Find dialog box open. If so, empty out the "Find
what" field, select "By Columns" in the "Search" drop down (you might have
to click the "Options" button to expose it) and then click the "Find Next"
button.

Rick

"Nonie" wrote in message
I'm using Excel 2007. After searching for a particular item number and
not
finding it, I want to be able to go to the next available cell in a column
without having to scroll through all my entries. Is there some sort of
shortcut to do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You could put this macro in a Module (Insert/Module from the VBA menu
bar)...

Sub FindEmptyCell()
Columns(ActiveCell.Column).Find(What:="", LookIn:=xlValues, _
LookAt:=xlWhole, SearchOrder:=xlByColumns).Select
End Sub

....assign it a short-cut via the Options button on the Macros dialog box
(Alt+F8, select FindEmptyCells, click the Options button and give it a
short-cut keystroke). Then you would be able to push Ctrl+<keystroke to
execute the code.

Rick