Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default excel export Macro that does a filter

Everyone.

I would like to create a macro for a user. I have a workbook that
contains several worksheets for each month. I would open the month
I wish to report against. Woould like to do the following:

The two criterias to select rows are as follows:

1. Criteria 1: Column name is PAY_TYPE.
Filter where value = "PARENT" and "BOTH"

2. Cirteria 2: Column name is END_BAL
Filer where value is 0.00

3. Save the following columns to a comma delimited file
Column A - Last Name
Column B - First Name
Column END_BAL

My objective is to get this into a file that I will use to run
the Mail Merge function in word to generate letters. I would
like create the macro, so the user just runs the macro and
everything is done for them. The output file name would
be "APR_LETTERS.txt". The APR will be derived from the
Worksheet Name.
I will figure out how to use the file later in the Mail Merge
program of M/S Word. Any help or direction on doing this
would be very very much appreciated.
Thanx in advance.

Jerome

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The easiest way to write a macro is to let Excel do it for you.

Turn on the macro recorder (ToolsMacrosStart Recording). Execute the steps
you want. Stop Recording.

Now you have a macro, which will probably need some tweaking, but you have a
good starting point.

Post back if you need help on specific issues.

Regards,
Fred.