Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default David Biddulph

The nicest person, David Biddulph, responded to my distress call of not being
able to successfully download MSOffice 2007 after trying to do so for 5 days.
He asked me what URL I'm trying to download it from. I'm not sure I know
what a URL is but I think it's the address that I'm on when I'm trying to
download. it was
http://us20.trymicrosoftoffice.com/p...ultu re=en-US

unfortunately, I don't know how to respond to David's posting so I'm just
writing a new message and maybe he'll see it. today when I tried the Excel
2007 trial download, I received Downloads of MSAccounting 2008--two times. I
reported it to MS but they just said ok. that was that.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you can't reply to the thread you started earlier, you are presumably
using the wrong means of accessing this newsgroup. Accessing via
Microsoft's web interface is not recommended, so read something like:
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/ie/oe6nws01.htm and
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/xlnews.htm
(and read a number of the items recommended there for further reading).

If you prefer Microsoft's own advice, try:

If you don't know what a URL is, try a search engine. www.google.com is
popular.

As far as your original question is concerned, now that you have quoted the
URL there is a chance that someone else may be able to identify the problem.
--
David Biddulph