Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Decimal tabs?

How do I use the decimal tab on my computer in excel 2007??
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

What's a decimal tab?

How do I use the decimal tab on my computer in excel 2007??

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Bob
You beat me to it. Otto
"Bob Umlas, Excel MVP" wrote in
message ...
What's a decimal tab?

"SHORTY G" wrote:

How do I use the decimal tab on my computer in excel 2007??

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Home, Number, click left to Increase, click right to Decrease.

SHORTY G wrote:

How do I use the decimal tab on my computer in excel 2007??

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Excel doesn't have decimal tabs like MSWord has.

Maybe you can just use a numberformat of Number with a fixed number of decimal
places???

If this doesn't help, maybe you can explain what you want excel to do.

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

How do I use the decimal tab on my computer in excel 2007??
What's a decimal tab?

In MS-Word, a decimal tab lines up the decimal points in a column of
numbers, even if some have more decimal places than others; for example:
123.8
3.678
22.

One way to simulate this is to use the TEXT function with the format_text
parameter depending on how many decimal places the number has. This works
with fixed-width fonts (like Courier) when the result is right-justified in
the cell.

The following works for up to four decimal places. For more places, it
should be clear how to lengthen the format_text (the second parameter of
the TEXT function).

=TEXT(A1,
IF(MOD(1000*A1,1)=0,
IF(MOD(100*A1,1)=0,
IF(MOD(10*A1,1)=0,
IF(MOD(A1,1)=0,
"0. ","0.0 "),"0.00 "),"0.000 "),"0.0000"))