Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Joe Joe is offline

Default Disabling formula recalculation when opening or closing workbooks

Does anyone know how to disable formula recalculation for all
spreadsheets, regardless of whether or not they were originally saved with
formulas, or previous versions of Excel?
I'm running Excel 2007 and have to open these xls or xlsx files to be
printed into our imaging system all day long (this is actually an automated
process). Because of the files being opened to be printed, the recalculation
of formulas within the file, or if the file is from an earlier version of
Excel, this causes the "save changes" window to appear. Is there anything
like and Excel reader or view that I could use in lieu of full blown Excel
just for the simple purpose of opening the file to print it?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I don't run 2007 but mayber the Excel Viewer for 2003 will work?

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=EN

Can view and print but not edit nor does any calculation take place.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 4 Aug 2008 09:25:04 -0700, Joe
wrote:

Does anyone know how to disable formula recalculation for all
spreadsheets, regardless of whether or not they were originally saved with
formulas, or previous versions of Excel?
I'm running Excel 2007 and have to open these xls or xlsx files to be
printed into our imaging system all day long (this is actually an automated
process). Because of the files being opened to be printed, the recalculation
of formulas within the file, or if the file is from an earlier version of
Excel, this causes the "save changes" window to appear. Is there anything
like and Excel reader or view that I could use in lieu of full blown Excel
just for the simple purpose of opening the file to print it?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Joe Joe is offline

Default Disabling formula recalculation when opening or closing workbo

It sure does. Thanks, Gord!

wrote:

Does anyone know how to disable formula recalculation for all
spreadsheets, regardless of whether or not they were originally saved with
formulas, or previous versions of Excel?
I'm running Excel 2007 and have to open these xls or xlsx files to be
printed into our imaging system all day long (this is actually an automated
process). Because of the files being opened to be printed, the recalculation
of formulas within the file, or if the file is from an earlier version of
Excel, this causes the "save changes" window to appear. Is there anything
like and Excel reader or view that I could use in lieu of full blown Excel
just for the simple purpose of opening the file to print it?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks for the confirmation Joe.

Gord

On Tue, 5 Aug 2008 12:49:02 -0700, Joe