Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default moving data from numerous colums into one colum

Hi,

I have to move the data from numerous columns into one colum as a list,
how can i do this?

eg
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10

please help?

thanks,
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

ACTUALLY THE DATA SHOULD READ,

1
1
2
2
3
3
4
4
5
5
6
6
7
7
8
8
9
9
10
10

NOT AS PREVIOUS STATED

THANKS,

TERESA
"teresa" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi teresa
data: A1:J10

Try this formula in cell A11
=OFFSET($A$1,INT((ROW()-11)/10),MOD(ROW()-1,10))
Copy down as far as needed

Regards,
Pedro J.

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you copy the cells that this technique gives you, "Paste Special" them on
top as values, you can then sort them as you see fit. Just make sure you
don't need to reference the original cells.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Another way, using above example that your data is in A1:J10, assuming all
data are numbers! (and all cells are occupied).
in A11, type the formula: =SMALL($A$1:$J$10,ROW()-10), and copy down as
needed.

--
John C

"Infinitogool" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sub transposerowstocola()
lr = Cells(rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row
For i = 1 To lr
lc = Cells(i, Columns.Count).End(xlToLeft).Column
dlr = Cells(rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row + 1
Range(Cells(i, 1), Cells(i, lc)).Copy
Cells(dlr, 1).PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteAll, Transpose:=True
Next i
rows("1:" & lr).Delete

Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Based on your CHANGE. Why can't women make up their minds <G
From a recent and similar posting

Sub copyallcolstocolA()
For i = 2 To Cells(1, Columns.Count).End(xlToLeft).Column
cl = Cells(rows.Count, i).End(xlUp).Row
dlr = Cells(rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row + 1
Range(Cells(1, i), Cells(cl, i)).Copy Cells(dlr, 1)
Next i

Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software

"teresa" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi teresa
data: A1:J10

Try this formula in cell A11
=OFFSET($A$1,MOD(ROW()-1,10),INT((ROW()-11)/10))
Copy down as far as needed

Regards,
Pedro J.

"teresa" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You are absolutely correct. But then, so am I.

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"John C" <johnc@stateofdenial wrote in message
Formula solutions have been given. Some people aren't comfortable with
macros, or VBA for that matter. To say that your way is the 'proper' way,
and
that other ways are subsequently improper is both arrogant and pompous.
The
macro way is typically cleaner, but if it is a one time rearrangement, for
someone to go through all the learning of macros, and operation thereof I
think is a bit much.
--
John C

"Don Guillett" wrote:

Please don't shout. I can hear well despite my age. I would NOT use a
formula for this. You should learn how to do it properly.

If you're new to macros, you may want to read David McRitchie's
intro
at:

Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

No. If you have been using excel for long, which I am assuming you have, then
you should be the first to know that there are MANY ways to achieve the same
result. Just because you use a macro, does not make it the 'proper' way.
--
John C

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Guys no need to argue,

i got it sorted,

Ive another problem if anyone would like to help with that?

thanks,

teresa

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Because I am pompous and arrogant, I say that it IS the proper way IN THIS
CASE. I think it absolutely silly to burden a project with unnecessary
calculations and other formula overhead. Of course, the formula solution
could be used but the results should then be converted to values.

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Okay, and I am SURE you have taken into account with your macro that the
there are no other people that may need to use this macro, and that even if
there are that the macro security isn't set too high, and even if it is, then
how for the OP to create a digital signature, and add that digital signature
to anyone else's profile as a trusted source. I am sure this was all taken
into account, correct? You mention the 'proper' way, well, this would be the
'proper way', wouldn't it?
--
John C

"Don Guillett" wrote:

Of course, I did read them.

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Geeez. OP mentioned none of your rant.

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software

"John C" <johnc@stateofdenial wrote in message
Okay, and I am SURE you have taken into account with your macro that the
there are no other people that may need to use this macro, and that even
if
there are that the macro security isn't set too high, and even if it is,
then
how for the OP to create a digital signature, and add that digital
signature
to anyone else's profile as a trusted source. I am sure this was all taken
into account, correct? You mention the 'proper' way, well, this would be
the
'proper way', wouldn't it?
--
John C

"Don Guillett" wrote:

Of course, I did read them.

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You are correct. But you are the one that said that your way is the 'proper'
way. Well, if you are going to be proper, don't you think you be completely
proper, and not just be proper, sort of?
--
John C

"Don Guillett" wrote:

[...]

"Don Guillett" wrote: