Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Manual Control Of Cell Contents

Is there any way to check for my mouse button (right, left, or center roller
depressed) to tell a cell to allow a number to be entered. For example:
A B C D E
1 56 =a1 =a2 =sum(b1:c1) (see below)
=sum(b1:e1)
2 12
3 77
4 23
5 45

This may be a little hard to explain but I want to look at the the grand
total in in F1 and make a manual decision (not a bunch of nested IF
statements - there are too many scenarios to my actual challenge) to add the
next number in col A to the grand total or not. Say that I see the grand
total is 68 and I want it to be more then I would want to click my mouse on
E1 and have A3 (77) added to the total. If I choose not to have A3 in the
grand total then A3 would be entered into B2 and C2 would contain A4 (23).
If A3 appears in E1 then B2 would be A4 (23) and C2 would be A5 (45) [the
next two number in the column A sequence].