Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default how can I cut and paste into the comment box

I would like to "paste" selected graphic images into the comment box within a
cell in an excel spread sheet
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi
see this site
http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments02.html#Picture

regards
FSt1

"Bob W" wrote:

I would like to "paste" selected graphic images into the comment box within a
cell in an excel spread sheet

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You have to use the old DOS commands. Highlight what you want to copy and
do a ctrl c then when you get to the comments box point and do a ctrl v. To
cut and paste use ctrl x and ctrl v.

Marie

"Bob W" wrote:

I would like to "paste" selected graphic images into the comment box within a
cell in an excel spread sheet

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Marie

Have you tested this theory?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

"Bob W" wrote:

I would like to "paste" selected graphic images into the comment box within a
cell in an excel spread sheet

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

And it works with images?

Marie wrote:

Yes, many times.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I used the company logo which is a .jpg.

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

And it works with images?

Marie wrote:

Yes, many times.

"Bob W" wrote:

I would like to "paste" selected graphic images into the comment box within a
cell in an excel spread sheet

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I can insert a picture into the comment using the techniques that Debra
Dalgleish documents:
http://contextures.com/xlcomments02.html#Picture
http://www.contextures.com/xlVideos0...CommentPicture

But I can't just copy a picture from the worksheet and use ctrl-v to paste into
the comment.

Can you share the steps how do you do it?

Marie wrote:

I used the company logo which is a .jpg.

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

And it works with images?

Marie wrote:

Yes, many times.

"Bob W" wrote:

I would like to "paste" selected graphic images into the comment box within a
cell in an excel spread sheet

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Marie wrote:

I used the company logo which is a .jpg.

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

And it works with images?

Marie wrote:

Yes, many times.

"Bob W" wrote:

I would like to "paste" selected graphic images into the comment box within a
cell in an excel spread sheet

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I inserted a picture onto the activesheet.
I selected that picture and did ctrl-c
I selected a cell
Insert|comment
I hit ctrl-v and got a beep.

I used xl2003 for my tests.

Marie wrote:

I used the company logo which is a .jpg.

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

And it works with images?

Marie wrote:

Yes, many times.

"Bob W" wrote:

I would like to "paste" selected graphic images into the comment box within a
cell in an excel spread sheet

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I owe you and this discussion board my most profound apologies. It's been
a couple of years since I've done comments but I would have sworn it worked.
Maybe it was only in 2000? You say you can't get it to work in 2003 and I
just tried everything I could think of in 2007.

I'm so sorry I mis-lead everyone. I know I could do this before. It will
drive me nuts until I remember how.

Marie

Marie wrote:

I used the company logo which is a .jpg.

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

And it works with images?

Marie wrote:

Yes, many times.

"Bob W" wrote:

I would like to "paste" selected graphic images into the comment box within a
cell in an excel spread sheet

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Not a problem (but I feel better <vbg).

Maybe you actually added a picture using the technique that Deb shared.

Or added a picture to an image in userform via ctrl-v in that image's picture
property in the property window???

Marie wrote:

I used the company logo which is a .jpg.

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

And it works with images?

Marie wrote:

Yes, many times.

"Bob W" wrote:

I would like to "paste" selected graphic images into the comment box within a
cell in an excel spread sheet

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Not a problem (but I feel better <vbg).

As do I<g

Marie

Keep us posted if you figure out how it used to work.

Gord

Marie wrote:

I used the company logo which is a .jpg.

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

And it works with images?

Marie wrote:

Yes, many times.