Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default in excel 2007 how can i see what I've selected?

just began using excel 07. I often select cells that are not adjacent to
each other.

Say I want to select A1:D3 and E4.

So I'd highlight A1:D3 and then hold down the CTRL key and click on E4.

In Excel 07, once I click on E4 it no longer seems like A1:D3 is highlighted
(even though it is). I need to easily see what I've selected. How do I do
this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

We know that Microsoft is aware of this problem because an MS program
manager posted this workaround:

http://blogs.msdn.com/excel/archive/....aspx#comments

Even this MS person says his solution is not so good, so you may have to
wait for a new Excel version, or try a different monitor or video board. In
the first picture at the above link you see how most users see the selected
ranges. While the selection does not jump out at you it is at least
visible.

--
Jim
"q_midori" wrote in message
| just began using excel 07. I often select cells that are not adjacent to
| each other.
|
| Say I want to select A1:D3 and E4.
|
| So I'd highlight A1:D3 and then hold down the CTRL key and click on E4.
|
| In Excel 07, once I click on E4 it no longer seems like A1:D3 is
highlighted
| (even though it is). I need to easily see what I've selected. How do I
do
| this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks so much for the link! Unfortunately changing my monitor settings
didn't make enough of a difference, but another person's suggestion of just
changing the background color did the trick for now. I hope this issue gets
fixed soon!