Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default Can selected Excel 2007 cells be changed to have more contrast?

We are having difficulty seeing the cells that are selected with such a light
contrast with the rest of the spreadsheet.

I realize the monitor can make a difference, but there seems to be such a
subtle difference that makes it difficult to see which cells have been
selected. This is especially true when selecting non-adjacent ranges.

Thanks for any help you may be able to offer.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Bob,
You're one of several (including myself) who have voiced this complaint. I
haven't had much to offer any of them excep to recommend playing with the 3
themes that MSFT does make available in 2007. You might even look into some
of the Accessibility options such as high contrast color schemes - but those
bring other problems to the forefront. I've made this issue known to the
powers that be, and I can only hope that my offerings (several small, furry
mammals, a couple of largish reptiles and a couple of really stale Twinkies)
were accepted and that will result in some relief in the form of a change in
SP1 when it is released.

"Bob J H" wrote:

We are having difficulty seeing the cells that are selected with such a light
contrast with the rest of the spreadsheet.

I realize the monitor can make a difference, but there seems to be such a
subtle difference that makes it difficult to see which cells have been
selected. This is especially true when selecting non-adjacent ranges.

Thanks for any help you may be able to offer.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Where did you find that option in previous Excel versions?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP