Old December 15th 04, 08:59 PM
Bomar

Default where can i find symbols for teelphone, fax,a and email

Old December 15th 04, 09:09 PM
John Mansfield

Bomar,

Look in the "Wingdings" font groups. Enter a different letter or number and
apply one of the Wingdings font groups to it.

----
Regards,
John Mansfield
http://www.pdbook.com

Old December 15th 04, 09:13 PM
Frank Kabel

Hi
have you tried looking in the Windings font

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Old December 15th 04, 09:21 PM
John Mansfield

Bomar,

Forgot to say, in Excel 2003 you can go to the Standard Toolbar and hit
Insert - Symbol. --Not sure about earlier versions but you can give it a
try.

----
Regards,
John Mansfield
http://www.pdbook.com

Old December 15th 04, 09:21 PM
Bernard Liengme

I would look first in the Wingding fonts.
Here is a great way to see all the symbols and know how to get them.
A1 enter name of font (Ariel)
A2 use =CHAR(ROW()+30) Note that CHAR(32) is a space so the cell looks
blank - not to worry
Copy down to row 225
Now you see all the characters in the Ariel font.
In B1 enter font name (eg Wingding)
Copy A2 to B2; format with Wingding font; copy down to B255
Now you see all the characters in that font; column A gives a clue how to
'type' them

Typing ( and formatting it Wingding gives a telephone

best wishes

--
Bernard Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

Old December 20th 04, 07:53 PM
Bomar

I could only find the telephone symbol. Have you seen the fax and email
symbol in Wingdings? Bob

Old December 20th 04, 11:37 PM
David McRitchie

Hi John, Bomar, or Bob,
I don't know why I do not see the original posting to the newsgroup:

Phone; several choices i.e. wingdings -- 0040
Fax: wingdings 2 -- 0055
Email: wingdings -- 0043

Font Tables as Rendered by your browser
http://wwww.mvps.org/dmcritchie/rexx/htm/fonts.htm