Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Adding number of months

How do I add up two number of months to get the right number of years. For
e.g. if I have to add up 0.11 years and 0.01 year, which is 12 months that
make a year, I would want to show is as 1.0 year and any thing above that
should show number of months more than a year until the next 12 months.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=INT((value1*100+value2*100)/12)+MOD(value1*100+value2*100,12)/100

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"aseshadri" wrote in message
How do I add up two number of months to get the right number of years.
For
e.g. if I have to add up 0.11 years and 0.01 year, which is 12 months that
make a year, I would want to show is as 1.0 year and any thing above that
should show number of months more than a year until the next 12 months.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Try this

=DOLLARFR(DOLLARDE(A1,12)+DOLLARDE(A2,12),12)

Requires the analysis toolpak loaded from Tools|Addins

Mike

"aseshadri" wrote:

How do I add up two number of months to get the right number of years. For
e.g. if I have to add up 0.11 years and 0.01 year, which is 12 months that
make a year, I would want to show is as 1.0 year and any thing above that
should show number of months more than a year until the next 12 months.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

See http://www.cpearson.com/Excel/fractional.htm for details about using
DOLLARDE and DOLLARFR to do this sort of thing.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson