Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Number Alignment Question

Why am I unable sometimes to get numbers to right align properly. There seems
to be a gap to the right on numbers often? What causes this? like some will
be completely flush right while others have a small gap after the last
digital and the cell wall?

Example:
9 l
9l

They both are right aligned and sent to number? What would cause this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It could be how you have it formatted if a negative number. If the cell is
formatted with parentheses when negative, there will be a 'hidden space' for
it should the number become negative, whereas if you only have negative
numbers in a different color (or with a preceding minus sign), then you
shouldn't have the 'hidden space' and it should be flush to the right of the
cell.
--
John C