Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default single cell formula

I am working with Excel 2003. I have a worksheet that I can not change the
layout of the worksheet but I need to increase the value of some of the cells
in column C by a percent. all of the values are different but the persent
will be the same. Is there a formula that I can use to do this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If it's a one time, irrevocable change, the you can enter (1+percentage)
somewhere, select the cell, copy, then highlight the range of cells you want
to change: Edit: Paste Special: Multiply
--
Tips for Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Other Applications
http://www.kan.org/tips

"Ronda" wrote:

I am working with Excel 2003. I have a worksheet that I can not change the
layout of the worksheet but I need to increase the value of some of the cells
in column C by a percent. all of the values are different but the persent
will be the same. Is there a formula that I can use to do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Cell location will always be in column c but not all cells will be udated in
column c. THere will be a "block of cells updated in that column

"Don Guillett" wrote:

Is there a pattern to the cell location. Details?

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel