Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Simple but need help!

I have a workbook sheet of different figures per cell and I need to add 2% to
each one of those figures as they are entered. I have looked through all of
the help sheets but I can't find the appropriate formula to do this. Can you
help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Right click sheet tabview codeinsert thischange columns I to suit.

If Intersect(Target, Columns("I")) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub
Application.EnableEvents = False
If IsNumeric(Target) Then Target = Target * 1.02
Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub
Sub fixincase()
Application.EnableEvents = True

Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software

"Lin242" wrote in message
I have a workbook sheet of different figures per cell and I need to add 2%
each one of those figures as they are entered. I have looked through all
of
the help sheets but I can't find the appropriate formula to do this. Can
you
help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I am sorry, I cannot understand that. Maybe I should clarify my question.
My worksheet (MExcel 2003) already contains columns of dollar amounts that I
want to add 2% to, and then as new dollar amounts are added they will
automatically be increased by that same percentage. If you could simplify
your answer slightly for me I'd really appreciate it.
--
Lin242

"Lin242" wrote in message
I have a workbook sheet of different figures per cell and I need to add 2%
each one of those figures as they are entered. I have looked through all
of
the help sheets but I can't find the appropriate formula to do this. Can
you
help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I hope you didn't really intend to suggest =sum(I4*.02) ?
If you wanted =I4*.02, that will do the trick, and the SUM function is
unnecessary. Look up the SUM function in Excel help to see its syntax.

If you wanted =SUM(I4, I4*.02), then that would be appropriate syntax for
the SUM function, but =I4*1.02 would be easier.
--
David Biddulph