Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Labels on data points in chart

Is there a way to associate labels with data points in a series, and then
have the data points appear on a chart?

I don't want to directly apply the labels to the chart, but instead, I'd
like to be able to maintain the data over a period of time, and add data
points to the series. Each point would have a data label that would remain
associated with the point, and would appear any time the graph is updated.

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Eric,
Yes there is. While you're using the Chart Wizard to create your chart, at
Step 3 you get to "Chart Options" and if you'll choose the Data Labels tab it
gives you the option to automatically put certain information at the data
points, including their actual value.

If you already have a chart built, you can add the data point information to
it by right-clicking in the chart area (somewhere close to one of the data
indicators) and choose Chart Options from the list and again use the Data
Labels tab to customize them.

Hope this helps some.