Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel 07 - Combining Number minus the excess wording

I have numbers that represent code/state and would like to combine them in
one cell (Column B) where the "xxxx". Column A starts with the code needed
but I do not need the extra wording - just the first 4 numbers.

Example:

A B C
Atlanta
00100
3000 - Bill xxxx 4930
3001 - Legal xxxx 5690

Results - I looking for

1 A B C
2 Atlanta
3 00100
4 3000 - Bill 300000100 4930
5 3001 - Legal 300100100 5690

Column A4:A5 = code (just the first 4 numbers)
Column $C$3 = state
Column B = formula to combine the two (code_state)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

same as last time in B4 and drag down

=LEFT(A4,4)&$C$3