Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Conditional formatting: formula not working on other pc's

Hi ya, I created CF on a ssheet on my local pc and then saved it on my
colleagues pc. However, when he opened it, the results of the CF were not
displayed although the actutal CF formula was visable in FormatConditional
Formatting. Why is this so? It is not saved as a Shared workbook and as we
are on a network. I don't really want to use the Shared Workbook feature due
to it's glitches.
Are conditional formatting formula's saved locally? Is their a way of this
working. The same applies when I saved the spreadsheet on a pen drive and
too the CF did not get applied when I opened it.

Help!
--
Regards
Mike
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The CF goes with the workbook, so if it works on one, it SHOULD work on the
other. Is the book on a network drive, and does it assume something that may
be different in your colleague's environment.

What is the formula?

--
HTH

Bob

"Mike" wrote in message
Hi ya, I created CF on a ssheet on my local pc and then saved it on my
colleagues pc. However, when he opened it, the results of the CF were not
displayed although the actutal CF formula was visable in
FormatConditional
Formatting. Why is this so? It is not saved as a Shared workbook and as
we
are on a network. I don't really want to use the Shared Workbook feature
due
to it's glitches.
Are conditional formatting formula's saved locally? Is their a way of this
working. The same applies when I saved the spreadsheet on a pen drive and
too the CF did not get applied when I opened it.

Help!
--
Regards
Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks Bob, I forgot to mention I had to define a 'Name' in order to do use
the 'Today' function in the CF which I named 'WorkDate' as displayed in the
formula below. The other important thing I noticed (which did not appear on
my pc) is when I looked up the Define Name of the 'WorkDate' name, the
'Refers to' field had entered the path of the C: drive ( C: My Documents/ etc
etc) followed by the cell reference that the name refers to. Could this be
the reason was the formula is not working as it is trying to look at my
C:drive??

The CF formula is =AND($AI$8<"",$AI$8<WorkDate)

I'm using 2003 by the way and the file is saved on a shared drive

Many thanks for your help
--
Regards
Mike

"Mike" wrote in message
Hi ya, I created CF on a ssheet on my local pc and then saved it on my
colleagues pc. However, when he opened it, the results of the CF were not
displayed although the actutal CF formula was visable in
FormatConditional
Formatting. Why is this so? It is not saved as a Shared workbook and as
we
are on a network. I don't really want to use the Shared Workbook feature
due
to it's glitches.
Are conditional formatting formula's saved locally? Is their a way of this
working. The same applies when I saved the spreadsheet on a pen drive and
too the CF did not get applied when I opened it.

Help!
--
Regards
Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Well there is your answer, but I am not clear why it would point back to
that name.

But I am confused as to why you don't use TODAY() in CF, it certainly works
on my XL2003 SP3, and every version of Excel that I recall.

--
HTH

Bob

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

The CF goes with the workbook, so if it works on one, it SHOULD work on
the
other. Is the book on a network drive, and does it assume something that
may
be different in your colleague's environment.

What is the formula?

--
HTH

Bob