Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default LIST BOXES TOO WIDE

I created several drop down list boxes to limit entries in several fields in
a worksheet. Two fields are limited to "YES" and "NO." When I click on the
down arrow which makes the list pop up, it is a good 3-4" wide, with the YES
and NO at the far left of the box. It is quite annoying to have to move the
mouse so far to click the appropriate choice. Is there some way to limit the
width of the drop down box?

Thanks for ideas.
--
William
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You created the ListBoxes using the Control Toolbox?

Hit design mode icon, select the listbox and re-size it.

Hit design mode icon again.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 22 Jul 2008 05:23:03 -0700, William
wrote:

I created several drop down list boxes to limit entries in several fields in
a worksheet. Two fields are limited to "YES" and "NO." When I click on the
down arrow which makes the list pop up, it is a good 3-4" wide, with the YES
and NO at the far left of the box. It is quite annoying to have to move the
mouse so far to click the appropriate choice. Is there some way to limit the
width of the drop down box?

Thanks for ideas.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I created the drop down lists from named cell ranges, using
Data/Valadation/List and then specifying the named range (e.g. =Gender, with
the drop down list offering "M" or "F" as the two choices.

I did not know there was a toolbox and design mode icon in Excel (that
sounds like Access). I cannot find a design mode icon.
--
William

wrote:

I created several drop down list boxes to limit entries in several fields in
a worksheet. Two fields are limited to "YES" and "NO." When I click on the
down arrow which makes the list pop up, it is a good 3-4" wide, with the YES
and NO at the far left of the box. It is quite annoying to have to move the
mouse so far to click the appropriate choice. Is there some way to limit the
width of the drop down box?

Thanks for ideas.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You don't have to move the cursor all the way over the the "M" or "F"

Just hit the dropdown arrow then move the cursor straight down to highlight
item you want.

For the toolbox right-click on a Toolbar and select Control Toolbox

But I don't think you need it.

Gord