Ken

Default Sum(if ... multiple conditions ... Interpretation?

Excel 2000 ... I attempted to write the following array
formula free-hand & failed ... Consequently, I used
Conditional Sum Wizard to build formula for me.

Above said ... Can one of you Excel Magicians interpret
(in plain English) how end of this formula works?

=SUM(IF($M$2:$M$12000=$BG2,IF($T$2:$T$12000=0,1,0) ,0))

,1,0),0))

What do last 3 positions & characters stand for? I am
pretty certain the 1st 1,0) is part of 2nd IF Function,
but have no idea how formula is working.

Thanks ... Kha
Frank Kabel

Hi
the formula returns 1 if both conditionas are met or 0 if not both
conditionas are met. So your right. 1 is the tRUE part of the second IF
formula and '0' the FALSE part.

You may take a look at the following site for an alternative approach using
sUMPRODUCT:

Regards
Frank Kabel
Frankfurt, Germany
"Ken" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Excel 2000 ... I attempted to write the following array
formula free-hand & failed ... Consequently, I used
Conditional Sum Wizard to build formula for me.

Above said ... Can one of you Excel Magicians interpret
(in plain English) how end of this formula works?

=SUM(IF($M$2:$M$12000=$BG2,IF($T$2:$T$12000=0,1,0) ,0))

,1,0),0))

What do last 3 positions & characters stand for? I am
pretty certain the 1st 1,0) is part of 2nd IF Function,
but have no idea how formula is working.

Thanks ... Kha

Frank Kabel

Hi
no
this is the result if the first condition is not met (the FALSE part of the
first IF statement)

--
Regards
Frank Kabel
"Ken" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
[...]

Ken

Don ...

I do not know how to use SUMIF for multiple conditions?
So have been using ... SUM(IF( ..... instead.

Or at least attempting to.

Thanks ... Kha

This if you want to sum t for cells in m that match bg2

=sumif($M$2:$M$12000,$BG2,$T$2:$T$12000)

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Ken" wrote in

message
Excel 2000 ... I attempted to write the following array
formula free-hand & failed ... Consequently, I used
Conditional Sum Wizard to build formula for me.

Above said ... Can one of you Excel Magicians interpret
(in plain English) how end of this formula works?

=SUM(IF($M$2:$M$12000=$BG2,IF($T$2:$T$12000=0,1,0) ,0))

,1,0),0))

What do last 3 positions & characters stand for? I am
pretty certain the 1st 1,0) is part of 2nd IF Function,
but have no idea how formula is working.

Thanks ... Kha

.

Ian Ripsher

Try SUMPRODUCT. See: http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.SUMPRODUCT.html