Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Adjusting Column Size

Hi,

Does anyone know how to adjust the width of some cells without altering the
width of the entirm column?

e.g. Cells A1-A20 need to be width 15, but Cells A16 - A30 need to be width
10.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You could try merging the required rows for colums A & B and resizing column
widths, but presonally I do not like merged cells, they complicate things.
Your post is a little misleading, what size are cells A16-A20 supposed to
be? There is an overlap!

Mathew
"carol" wrote in message

Does anyone know how to adjust the width of some cells without altering
the
width of the entirm column?

e.g. Cells A1-A20 need to be width 15, but Cells A16 - A30 need to be
width
10.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Oh yes, you are right! I meant cells A1-A15 to be width 15, and cells A16 -
A30 to be width 10.

Basically I want the top hald of this column to be wider than the bottom half.

Any ideas?

"carol" wrote in message

Does anyone know how to adjust the width of some cells without altering
the
width of the entirm column?

e.g. Cells A1-A20 need to be width 15, but Cells A16 - A30 need to be
width
10.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You could use those merged cells, but I wouldn't.

Lots of things break with merged cells--sorting, copy|pasting.

I'd just make the column wide enough for everything and live with the
difference.

(or use multiple columns -- or use multiple worksheets)

carol wrote:

Hi,

Does anyone know how to adjust the width of some cells without altering the
width of the entirm column?

e.g. Cells A1-A20 need to be width 15, but Cells A16 - A30 need to be width
10.

Thanks.

--

Dave Peterson