Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Digital signature - files for download

I want to make a number of files available for download via the web. Each of
these files includes a number of macros which are integral to workbook
functionality.

While I am very comfortable with macros, having developed many for personal
use over several years, I have come up against a problem re making these
files available for download which I have not encountered before.

If I include a digital certificate to guarantee the files have not been
tampered with, my understanding is that it will be removed as soon as anyone
saves the file to his or her computer. If I don't include it, I will have to
give a detailed explanation about the "Enable Macros" issue.

Is there any way around this so that people will be able to download these
files with confidence without my having to give a very detailed explanation
aboutmacro security issues - in which case, users may well find it all too
hard? Many thanks for any asistance.
--
Regards

goconnor